Dennis E. Leber
Creating a Passion for Life, and Information Security
Dennis is a proud Kentuckian, Father, Husband, Grand Father, and Veteran. Dennis started his Information Security career in the Military, and has worked in the Automotive, Healthcare, Federal Government, and Finance Industries as an Information Security Leader. Dennis currently serves as the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) at The Cabinet for Health and Family Services (CHFS) for the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Dennis has a passion for Information Security, and igniting that same passion in others to create future leaders. Dennis has taught Information Security courses at different colleges, and speaks regularly at conferences, and group events.
Dennis holds an Associate’s Degree in Business Management, a Bachelor’s of Science in Information Security, a Master’s of Information Systems, and working towards completing his PhD in Management-Information Technology.
Some of Dennis’ most recent accomplishments include:
- The Chief Information Security Office received the Best of Kentucky Award for Most Innovative Security Program (2017 & 2018)
- Dennis has been quoted in articles for Forbes Magazine, and chosen to speak at numerous conferences, and training sessions
- Recently contributed to several cyber security books
- Recent contribution to Cybersecurity articles
- Recent contributions to Security Podcasts
- Other Cybersecurity community contributions
- Serves on Editorial Board for CyberSecurity Hub – https://www.cshub.com/advisory-board
- Serves on EKU Computer Science Advisory Board –https://computerscience.eku.edu/
- Cyber Security Hub Spotlight on CISO –https://www.cshub.com/security-strategy/news/member-spotlight-dennis-leber-ciso-chfs-kentucky
- How and when do you trust a Security Vendor – https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6445614936235347968/